I find myself making lists upon lists of new ideas and things I want to try, learn or complete. Though life sometimes gets in the way. I recently read a few articles about what successful people do in the morning, typical habits etc. I wanted to see if I could employ some of those habits into my own life to become a bit more successful in the things I'm looking to accomplish.
Here's five things I'm now doing:
- Wake Up Early - 90% of CEOs polled said they were up before 6AM. Ugh, I don't think that will be me in the near future. Though I have been getting up earlier than before and making it into the office earlier as well.
- Eat Breakfast - This is something I've been doing really well at. Just taking the extra time to feed my body has made a pretty big difference.
- Tackle the Toughest Thing First - This is not always the easiest but something I try to do before I get bogged down with all the other interruptions I have on a daily basis. Making a to do list before I leave for the next morning usually helps me complete this task.
- Exercise - Right now I am doing this after work, though I would like to transition this to first thing in the morning. It's a work in progress.
- Personal Passion Project - Right now it's The Tomboy Project. If you would like to check it out please visit fb.com/thetomboyproject
These five things might seem like they are adding more to my workload, though they have really helped me be more productive, awake and motivated. It's nice.
What are you doing to be more successful with your hopes and dreams? Share them in the comments.